A.) ISLAMIC SCRIPTURES THAT ARE COPIED FROM THE BIBLE:
Islam boasts that the Quran is the pure word of Allah, but only to find out that some of its contents are taken from other sources mostly from the Bible. Muhammad just altered them to cover the obviousness. Below are samples of statements in Quran as wells in Hadiths which are taken from outside sources;
1. [Koran 2:117] The Originator of the heavens and the earth! When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is.
Taken from [Psalm 33:6&9]
The heavens were made by the word of the LORD and all the stars by the breath of his mouth. . . He spoke, and it came into being. He gave the order, and there it stood.
2. [Koran 2:245] Who is he that will lend to Allah a goodly loan so that He may multiply it to him many times? And it is Allah that decreases or increases (your provisions), and unto Him you shall return.
Taken from [Proverbs 19:17]
Whoever has pity on the poor lends to the LORD, and he will repay him for his good deed.
3. [Koran 2:164] Lo! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of night and day, and the ships which run upon the sea with that which is of use to men, and the water which Allah sendeth down from the sky, thereby reviving the earth after its death, and dispersing all kinds of beasts therein, and (in) the ordinance of the winds, and the clouds obedient between heaven and earth: are signs (of Allah’s Sovereignty) for people who have sense.
Taken from Psalms
[Psalm 104:25-26] So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts. There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.
[Psalm 104:30] If you send out your spirit, they are given life; you make new the face of the earth.
[Psalm 147:8-9] Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains. He giveth to the beast his food, and to the young ravens which cry.
4. [Koran 3:2] Say: “Whether ye hide what is in your hearts or reveal it, God knows it all: He knows what is in the heavens, and what is on earth. And God has power over all things.
Taken from [Psalm 44:21]
wouldn’t God find out, since he knows the secrets in our hearts?
5. [Koran 3:18] There is no god but He: That is the witness of Allah, His angels, and those endued with knowledge, standing firm on justice. There is no god but He, the Exalted in Power, the Wise.
Taken from [Psalm 86:8-9]
No god is like you, O Lord. No one can do what you do. All the nations that you have made will bow in your presence, O Lord. They will honor you.
6. [Koran 3:26] Say O Allah! Possessor of the kingdom, You give the kingdom to whom You will, and You take the kingdom from whom You will, and You endue with honour whom You will, and You humiliate whom You will. In Your Hand is the good. Verily, You are Able to do all things.
Taken from [1 Samuel 2:7-8]
The LORD causes poverty and grants wealth. He humbles [people]; he also promotes them. He raises the poor from the dust. He lifts the needy from the trash heap in order to make them sit with nobles and even to make them inherit a glorious throne. “The pillars of the earth are the LORD’s. He has set the world on them.
7. [Koran 4:131] Unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. And We charged those who received the Scripture before you, and (We charge) you, that ye keep your duty toward Allah. And if ye disbelieve, lo! unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth, and Allah is ever Absolute, Owner of Praise.
Taken from [Psalm 24:1]
The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to him.
8. [Koran 6:1] Praise be God, Who created the heavens and the earth, and made the darkness and the light. Yet those who reject Faith hold (others) as equal, with their Guardian-Lord.
Taken from [Genesis 1:1-5]
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
9.) [Koran 7:196] Have they feet wherewith they walk, or have they hands wherewith they hold, or have they eyes wherewith they see, or have they ears wherewith they hear? Say: Call upon your (so-called) partners (of Allah), and then contrive against me, spare me not!
COMMENT: Koran accuses Christians of partnering Allah with Jesus and Mary [4:171 & 5:116], Verse 195 of chapter 7 calls these partners as slaves, so it refers to humans for certain, and not idols or statues. But the above Koranic verse questions whether the partners of Allah (Mary and Jesus) have functional feet, hands, eyes, and ears to be used. Obviously, Mary and Jesus are humans so they have these functional body parts, therefore the above statement is erroneous. The Biblical statement below (which is the source of the Koranic verse above) is referring to the carved images which are made by human hands. Muhammad was too careless in copying this statement from the Bible and used it as Allah’s revelation.
Taken from [Psalm 135:15-17]
The idols of the nations are made of silver and gold. They were made by human hands. They have mouths, but they cannot speak. They have eyes, but they cannot see. They have ears, but they cannot hear. They cannot breathe.
10. [Quran 7:199] You shall resort to pardon, advocate tolerance, and disregard the ignorant. & [Quran 24:22] And let not those of you who possess grace and abundance swear against giving to the near of kin and the poor and those who have fled in Allah’s way, and they should pardon and turn away. Do you not love that Allah should forgive you? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Taken from [Ephesians 4:31-32]
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
11. [Koran 7:205] And remember your Lord by your tongue and within yourself, humbly and with fear without loudness in words in the mornings, and in the afternoons and be not of those who are neglectful.
Taken from [Psalm 113:1-2]
Praise ye the LORD! Praise, O ye servants of the LORD; praise the name of the LORD! Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore.
12. [Koran 10:5] It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon to be a light (of beauty), and measured out stages for her; that ye might know the number of years and the count (of time). Nowise did God create this but in truth and righteousness. (Thus) doth He explain His Signs in detail, for those who understand.
Then God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years
He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.
13. [Koran 11:123] And Allah’s is the Invisible of the heavens and the earth, and unto Him the whole matter will be returned. So worship Him and put thy trust in Him. Lo! thy Lord is not unaware of what ye (mortals) do.
Taken from [Psalms 4:5]
Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD
14. [Koran 15:19] And the earth – We have spread it and cast therein firmly set mountains and caused to grow therein [something] of every well-balanced thing.
Taken from [Genesis 1:12]
And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself
15. [Koran 15:23] And verily, it is We Who give life, and Who give death: it is We Who remain inheritors (after all else passes away)
Taken from [1 Samuel 2:6]
The LORD gives both death and life; he brings down to the grave and raises up
16. [Koran 15:29] “When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him.”
Taken from [Exodus 31:3]
And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship.
17. [Koran 17:12] And We have made the night and day two signs, and We erased the sign of the night and made the sign of the day visible that you may seek bounty from your Lord and may know the number of years and the account [of time]. And everything We have set out in detail.
Taken from [Genesis 1:14]
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.
18. [Koran 17:23-24] And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) “Ugh” nor chide them, and speak to them a generous word. And make yourself submissively gentle to them with compassion, and say: O my Lord! have compassion on them, as they brought me up (when I was) little.
[Proverbs 23:22] Listen to your father since you are his son, and do not despise your mother because she is old.
[Proverbs 30:17] The eye that makes fun of a father and hates to obey a mother will be plucked out by ravens in the valley and eaten by young vultures.
[Exodus 20:12] “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live for a long time in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
19. [Koran 17:35] You shall give full measure when you trade, and weigh equitably. This is better and more righteous.
Taken from [Deuteronomy 25:15-16]
Use accurate and honest weights and measures. Then you will live for a long time in the land that the LORD your God is giving you. Everyone who uses dishonest weights and measures is disgusting to the LORD.
20. [Koran 21:30] Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them, and we made every living thing of water? Will they not then believe?
Taken from [Genesis 1:6-8]
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
21. [Koran 22:31] You shall maintain your devotion absolutely to GOD alone. Anyone who sets up any idol beside GOD is like one who fell from the sky, then gets snatched up by vultures, or blown away by the wind into a deep ravine.
[1 Corinthians 5:11] But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
[1 Corinthians 10:14]] Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry.
22. [Koran 24:30-31] Say to the believing men that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts; that is purer for them; surely Allah is Aware of what they do; And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known; and turn to Allah all of you, O believers! so that you may be successful.
Taken from [Matthew 5:27-29]
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
23. [Koran 24:61] There is no fault in the blind, and there is no fault in the lame, and there is no fault in the sick, neither in yourselves, that you eat of your houses, or your fathers’ houses, or your mothers’ houses, or your brothers’ houses, or your sisters’ houses, or the houses of your uncles or your aunts paternal, or the houses of your uncles or your aunts maternal, or that whereof you own the keys, or of your friend; there is no fault in you that you eat all together, or in groups separately. But when you enter houses, greet one another with a greeting from God, blessed and good. So God makes clear to you the signs; haply you will understand.
Taken from [Matthew 10:12-13]
And when ye come into an house, salute it. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
23. [Koran 25:59] Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in six Days, then He mounted the Throne. The Beneficent! Ask anyone informed concerning Him!
Taken from [Genesis 1:31]
And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
24. [Koran 40:15] Possessor of the highest rank, Lord of power: He makes the inspiration to light by His command upon whom He pleases of His servants, that he may warn (men) of the day of meeting.
Taken from [Psalm 113:4]
The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.
25. [Koran 73:08] And remember the Name of your Lord and devote yourself to Him with a complete devotion.
Taken from [Deuteronomy 10:20]
Fear the LORD your God, worship him, be loyal to him, and take your oaths in his name
26. [Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 559] Narrated ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar:
I heard Allah’s Apostle while he was standing on the pulpit, saying, “The remaining period of your stay (on the earth) in comparison to the nations before you, is like the period between the ‘Asr prayer and sunset. The people of the Torah were given the Torah and they acted upon it till midday, and then they were worn out and were given for their labor, one Qirat each. Then the people of the Gospel were given the Gospel and they acted upon it till the time of the ‘Asr prayer, and then they were worn out and were given (for their labor), one Qirat each. Then you people were given the Quran and you acted upon it till sunset and so you were given two Qirats each (double the reward of the previous nations).” Then the people of the Torah said, ‘O our Lord! These people have done a little labor (much less than we) but have taken a greater reward.’ Allah said, ‘Have I withheld anything from your reward?’ They said, ‘No.’ Then Allah said, ‘That is My Favor which I bestow on whom I wish.'”
Taken from [Matthew 20:1-16]
“For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire men to work in his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into his vineyard. About the third hour he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ So they went. He went out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour and did the same thing. About the eleventh hour he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’ ‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered. He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’ When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’ The workers who were hired about the eleventh hour came and each received a denarius. So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. ‘These men who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’ But he answered one of them, ‘Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’ So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”
27. [Hadith Qudsi 18] On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection:
O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you notknow that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me.
Taken from [Matthew 25:31-46]
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by MY FATHER; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’ Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
28. [Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 28, Number 3883] Narrated AbudDarda’: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If any of you is suffering from anything or his brother is suffering, he should say: Our Lord is Allah Who is in the heaven, holy is Thy name, Thy command reigns supreme in the heaven and the earth, as Thy mercy in the heaven, make Thy mercy in the earth; forgive us our sins, and our errors; Thou art the Lord of good men; send down mercy from Thy mercy, and remedy, and remedy from Thy remedy on this pain so that it is healed up.
Taken from [Matthew 6:9-13]
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
29. [Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 84, Number 63] Narrated ‘Abdullah: As if I am looking at the Prophet while he was speaking about one of the prophets whose people have beaten and wounded him, and he was wiping the blood off his face and saying, “O Lord! Forgive my people as they do not know.”
Taken from [Luke 23:33]
Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up His garments by casting lots.
30. [Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 589] Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “ALLAH SAID, ‘I have prepared for My righteous slaves (such excellent things) as no eye has ever seen, nor an ear has ever heard nor a human heart can ever think of.’”
Taken from [1 Corinthians 2:9]
However, as it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.”
31. [Number 1688; taken from the ALIM CD-ROM Version] Narrated Abu Umamah: Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said, “Blessed is he who has seen me, but seven times blessed is he who has not seen me but has believed in me.”
Taken from [John 20:29]
“Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.’”
B. ISLAMIC SCRIPTURES THAT ARE COPIED FROM MYTHICAL STORIES
1. JESUS CREATED BIRD OUT OF CLAY
[Quran 3:49] And (make him) a messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I determine for you out of clay the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with Allah’s permission, and I heal the blind and the leprous, and bring the dead to life with Allah’s permission; and I inform you of what you should eat and what you should store in your houses. Surely there is a sign in this for you, if you are believers.
Taken from Apocrypha, [The Infancy Gospel of Thomas chapter 1]
. . . Then he took from the bank of the stream some soft clay and formed out of it twelve sparrows; and there were other boys playing with him. But a certain Jew seeing the things which he was doing, namely, his forming clay into the figures of sparrows on the Sabbath day, went presently away and told his father Joseph, Behold, your boy is playing by the river side, and has taken clay and formed it into twelve sparrows, and profanes the Sabbath. Then Joseph came to the place where he was, and when he saw him, called to him, and said, Why do you that which is not lawful to do on the Sabbath day? Then Jesus clapping together the palms of his hands, called to the sparrows, and said to them: Go, fly away; and while you live remember me. . .
2. JESUS TALKS IN THE CRADLE
[Quran 19:28-34] “O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a wicked man nor was thy mother a harlot. Then she pointed to him. They said: How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle? He said: “I am indeed a servant of Allah. He has given me the Book and has made me a prophet. And has made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and has enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I remain alive, And (has made me) dutiful toward her who bore me, and hath not made me arrogant, unblest. Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive! Such was Jesus, son of Mary: (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt.
Taken from Apocrypha [Gospels of the Infancy of Jesus]
… Jesus spake when he was in the cradle, and said to his mother: “Mary, I am Jesus the Son of God, the Word, which thou didst bring forth according to the declaration of the angel Gabriel, and My Father hath sent me for the salvation of the world.”
3. JESUS TALKS IN THE CRADLE AND MADE BIRD OUT Of CLAY
[Koran 5:110] When Allah will say: O Jesus, son of Mary, remember My favour to thee and to thy mother, when I strengthened thee with the Holy Spirit; thou spokest to people in the cradle and in old age, and when I taught thee the Book and the Wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel, and when thou didst determine out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then thou didst breathe into it and it became a bird by My permission; and thou didst heal the blind and the leprous by My permission; and when thou didst raise the dead by My permission; and when I withheld the Children of Israel from thee when thou camest to them with clear arguments — but those of them who disbelieved said: This is nothing but clear enchantment.
THE STORY HOW MUHAMMAD RECEIVED THIS INFORMATION
[A. Guillaume, The Life Of Muhammad: A Translation Of Ishaq’s Sirat Rasul Allah, 1998, Oxford University Press: Karachi (Pakistan), p 271-272]:
“The names of the fourteen principal men among the sixty riders were: `Abdul-Masih the `Aqib, al-Ayham the Sayyid; Abu Haritha b. `Alqama brother of B. Bakr b. Wa`il; Aus; al-Harith; Zayd; Qays; Yazid; Nubayh; Khuwaylid; `Amr; Khalid; `Abdullah; Johannes; of these the first three named above spoke to the Apostle. They were Christians according to the Byzantine rite, though they differed among themselves in some points, saying He is God; and He is the son of God; and He is the third person of the Trinity, which is the doctrine of Christianity. They argue that he is God because he used to raise the dead, and heal the sick, and declare the unseen; and make clay birds and then breathe into them so that they flew away; and all this was by the command of God Almighty, ‘We will make him a sign to men.’ They argue that he is the son of God in that they say he had no known father; and he spoke in the cradle and this is something that no child of Adam has ever done. They argue that he is the third of the three in that God says: We have done, We have commanded, We have created and We have decreed, and they say, If He were one he would have said I have done, I have created, and soon, but He is He and Jesus and Mary. Concerning all these assertions the Qur’an came down.”
The above Haddith is also the source of verses (5:116 & 4:171]) which tells about the wrong Trinity. And certainly the reason why Muhammad depicts his Allah as “We/Our” in the Quran.
4. [Koran 5:116] And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, “O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, ‘TAKE ME AND MY MOTHER AS DEITIES BESIDES ALLAH ?'” He will say, “Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.
5. [Koran 4:171] “O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of God aught but the truth. CHRIST JESUS the son of MARY was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on MARY, and a SPIRIT proceeding from Him: so believe in God and His apostles. Say not “TRINITY”: desist: it will be better for you: for God is one God: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs.”
C.) ISLAMIC PRACTICES THAT ARE COPIED FROM PAGANISM:
Not just some Islamic writings or statements that are taken from other sources, but also its practices. Below is an article tracing back how Islam got its ritual practices. This story is about Ahmed Deedat, a Muslim debater, who attacked the Hindu religion with his video tape. In response, a Hinduism defender, wrote an article revealing evidence that Islam is originated from their Hindu Pagan worship. This revelation confirmed what many historians and scholars say that Allah is derived from pagan god. Here is the story quoted from the MUSLIM DIGEST;
DEEDAT AND THE HINDU RELIGION (THIS ARTICLE WAS REPRODUCED BY THE MUSLIM DIGEST JULY TO OCT. 1986)
“Deedat has embarrassed the faithful followers of Islam, hurt, distressed and pained relatives and friends, violated basic principles, infuriated Christians and Hindus and insists on continuing his religious crusade that does more harm than good to the cause of Islam that he claims he espouses.
The Church’s attitude was correct and so was the attitude of its leaders for, in the process of denigrating Christianity, Deedat insulted Islam and Prophet Muhammed (s.a.w.) himself, for while quoting the Qur’anic verse of how one should go about propagating Islam – that is, “with wisdom and beautiful preaching,” Deedat has, time and again, flouted these lofty principles, with there being neither “wisdom” nor “beauty” in his preaching methods. In fact, of late, his method of propagating Islam has even begun to stink to high heaven itself!
IN RESPONSE TO DEEDAT’S OBJECTIONABLE VIDEO TAPE ON HINDUISM
Pamphlet headed: ‘WAS KAABA A HINDU TEMPLE? IS ALLAH A HINDU GOD?’ Distributed Mr Deedat’s arrogance and the method of his preaching in attacking other religions knows no bounds. His recent attack on the Hindu religion prompted Hindus to react and make counter allegations against ISLAM, the KAABA and against ALLAH HIMSELF, for which Mr Deedat should be held responsible.
A 13-page pamphlet headed: “WAS KAABA A HINDU TEMPLE?” — “IS ALLAH A HINDU GOD?” was very widely distributed in the Gujerati, Tamil, Telegu and the Hindustani sections of the Hindu Community recently. The author of this 13-page pamphlet is Mr P.N. Oak, M.A. LL.B., of Delhi, India. Among other things, the author had this to say:
“Glancing through some research material recently, I was pleasantly surprised to come across a reference to a King Vikramadity inscription found in the Kaaba temple in Mecca, proving beyond doubt that the Arabian peninsula formed a part of his Indian Empire.”
“This discovery changes the entire complexion of ancient history and to a great extent, the history of ancient India. For one thing we may have to revise our concepts about the king who had the largest empire in history. It could be that the expanse of King Vikramaditya’s empire was larger than that of all others.”
“…The region of King Vikramaditya’s empire extended from Bali Island in the South East Pacific to the Baltic Northern Europe, and from Korea to Kaaba. The only difference was that while Indian rulers identified themselves with the local population and established welfare states, Moghuls and others, who ruled conquered lands, perpetrated untold atrocities over the vanquished…”
“The text of the crucial Vikramaditya inscription, found inscribed on a gold dish hung inside the Kaaba shrine in Mecca, is found recorded on page 315 of a volume known as “Sayar-ul-Okul” treasured in the Makhtab-e-sultania (library) in Istanbul, Turkey.”
“Rendered in free English the inscription says “Fortunate are those who were born (and lived) during King Vikrama’s reign. He was a noble, generous, dutiful ruler, devoted to the welfare of his subjects.
” Mr P.N. Oak, the author of the pamphlet, then goes on to quote the Arabic and reproduces the same in Roman script and quotes (page 315 “Sayar-ul-Okul”). [something seems to be missing here but that is how it is in the original in the Muslim Digest] The title “Sayar-ul-Okul” signifies MEMORABLE WORDS, says Mr Oak.
Mr Oak further says:
“…that the so-called Kutab Minar in Delhi could well be King Vikramaditya’s tower commemorating his conquest of Arabia.” “…The first modern edition of “Sayar-ul-Okul” was printed and published in Berlin in A.D. 1864. A subsequent is the one published in Beirut in A.D. 1932.”
“…The book also contains an elaborate description of the ancient shrine of Mecca, the town and the annual fair known as OKAJ which used to be held every year around the Kaaba temple in Mecca. This should convince readers that the annual Hajj of the Muslims to the Kaaba is not an Islamic speciality, but a mere continuation of an earlier pre-Islamic congregation.”
“…Mecca, therefore followed the Varanasi (Benares) tradition of providing a venue for important discussions among the learned while the masses congregated there for spiritual bliss. The principal shrines at both Varanasi in India and at Mecca in Arbasthan (Arabia) were Shiva temples, even to this day the ancient Mahadova emblems. It is the Shankara stone which Muslim pilgrims reverently touch and kiss in the Kaaba.”
“…The main shrine in Mecca, which houses the Shiva emblem, is known as the Kaaba. It is clothed in a black shroud. That custom also originates from the days when it was thought necessary to discourage its recapture (by enemies) by camouflaging it.”
“…Muslim pilgrims visiting the Kaaba temple go around it seven times. In no other Mosque does this circumambulation prevail. Hindus invariably circumambulate around their deities. This is yet another proof that the Kaaba shrine is a pre-Islamic Indian Shiva temple where the Hindu practise of circumambulation is still meticulously observed.”
“…Another Hindu tradition still associated with the Kaaba is that of the sacred stream Ganga. According to Hindu tradition Ganga is also as inseparable from the Shiva emblem as the crescent moon. Wherever there is a Shiva emblem, Ganga must co-exist. True to that association a sacred foundation exists near the Kaaba. Its water is held sacred because it had been traditionally regarded as Ganga since pre-Islamic times.”
“…It might come as a stunning revelation to many that the word “ALLAH” itself is Sanskrit. In Sanskrit Allah, Akka and Amba are synonyms. They signify a goddess or mother. The term Allah forms part of Sanskrit chants invoking goddess Durga, also known as Bhavani, Chandi and Mahishasuramardini. The Islamic word Allah for God is therefore, not an innovation but the ancient Sanskrit appellation retained and continued by Islam. Allah means mother or goddess and mother goddess.”
“…Vaidik descriptions about the moon, the different solar constellations and the creation of the universe have been incorporated from the Vedas in Koran, part 1, chapter 2, stanzas 113, 114, 115 and 158, 189; Chapter 10, stanzas 4 to 7.”
“…Recital of the Namaz five times a day owes its origin to the Vaidik injunction of Panchamayajnya which was part of the daily Vaidik ritual prescribed for all individuals.”
“…The Islamic term “Eed-ul-Fitr” derives from the “Eed of Pitors”, that is, worship of forefathers, in Sanskrit tradition. In India Hindus commemorate their ancestors during the Pitri-Paksha, that is, the fortnight reserved for their remembrance. The very same is the significance of Eed-ul-Fitr (worship of forefathers).”